It might have started a bit later than intended at 09:30, but we wrapped up in time with the breaking out of the beer to celebrate a fantastic day. The day was full of excitement, ideas, lots of sugary drinks and coffee (although I did notice fresh fruit sustenance).
After tools were downed, and stickers were distributed for those to vote for their People’s Choice awards (gold star stickers for judges), and everybody got a chance to play the games after 12 hours of blood, sweat and tears.
And here are the winners:-
- 1st Place: Turbo Duck
- 2nd: Feast fit for a Queen
- 3rd: Where’s your burd at?
- Best Art Category: Rocket Dead Game
- Best Gameplay: A tale of love
- Best Technology: Agile Guy
- Best MMO by DublinJS
- Judges Choice: Wild life on one
- Best Story: Professor Bluebird’s Time-Travelling Adventures
- Best Humour: Donkeypocalypse
- People’s Choice: Flama Games with Tweety
- Ones to watch: Explo Games
We collated some photos here, please feel free to add your links to photos, videos.
Here’s some of the games I found via tweets that you can either download and play, or just play:
- Owen Canavan (@oscan): http://oscan.net/index.php?cmd=blog&pid=29&linkId=15
- Professor Bluebird’s Time-Travelling Adventures (zip) http://t.co/5J1uFo6o
- Seabird Plunge
- Agile Guy’s entry
So well done to everyone again, now remember to help us pick a day for GameCraft 3, it will be held in Tipperary alongside Games Fleadh - http://t.co/nSp1wzyf