Back at home for xMas!!
We’re apparently not a very imaginative bunch, us organisers of GameCraft, because this year for Christmas we’re giving all you fans of game craftingness…wait for it…another GameCraft! Yay. Party noises.
We’re holding this one in The Digital Hub’s Digital Exchange building on Crane Street (near the Guiness Storehouse on Thomas Street) on the 7th of December. There will be cake (not a lie!), and perhaps some other festive delicacy, like…eh…jam…and ridiculous hats. As always coffee and tea and some snacks will be available in the morning, sandwiches at lunch and your 5 EUR entry fee will go towards pizza at the end.
This one will be an 11 hour game jam. If you recently took part in Unplugged GameCraft, you are super welcome to come and make another board game or go mad and do a video game. We loved your board games and would love to see more of that (feedback on a better way to judge this would be amazing, email dublingamecraft [at] gmail… to help with this).
This is how we roll:
- Registration 8.30 am (you need to be at NDRC then)
- Theme announced at 9am, start making your game
- WE encourage people to work in teams. It tends to be a better experience for everyone. If you need help forming a team, comment on this post or let us know on the day and we will help you find people to work with
- You can use any framework, library platform you want as long as it is playable at the end of the jam
- You bring your own tools (laptop, tablet, whatever, extension leads)
- Judges vote .. there are prizes yay! And there is also a people’s choice
- Everyone learns
- People meet other people
- At 8pm the making of games stops and we start judging and eating pizzas(we ll tell you exactly how the judging works on the day, pretty sure you are grand with Pizza eating)
- at 10pm we start packing out and head to a pub (we ll announce where soon)
We couldn’t make GameCraft happen without the awesome help from our sponsors
Hosted by the amazing Digital Hub and to NDRC for the connection, thanks to Linda and everyone at The Digital Hubfor all the help .